Welcome to new lab members, David Vasquez and Belen Molina. David is a PhD student and part of the inaugural cohort of the NSF-funded IDEAS training program. Belen is a UGA PREP scholar who will be working with us for the next year.
- Farewell to Ria Ghai who has taken a new postdoc position in the Gillespie lab at Emory
- Allison, Ria and Vanessa all attended the Animal Behavior Society Meeting in Columbia Missouri where they each presented work on the Grant’s gazelle project.
- Ria’s new paper of hemoparasite sharing in wild and domestic ungulates was published in Veterinary Parasitology.
- Former lab member, Sarah Budischak’s paper of nematode community assembly in buffalo was published in Journal of Animal Ecology.
- Congratulations to Dr. Alexa McKay who successfully defended her PhD on migration and immunity in monarch butterflies. Alexa is moving on to a position as an Associate Editor at Nature Communications.
- Congratulations to Jenn Cyr who is the newest member of the lab to receive an NSF GRFP award!